Saturday, May 4, 2013

April- Homegrown Collective Box

Had some more goodies when I got home! I always love checking the mailbox ( or in this case the mail man left the package on our porch swing).

This is my first Homegrown Collective Box. I love DIY, green, garden-y type stuff so I thought I would try it out. Word of warning though, it is $48 a month ( which does include shipping) so it is one of the most expensive boxes out there. But I just HAD to try it. Here is what came in the April box.

It has fun packaging. A cute little logo sticker.

 This was printed on the top part of the box. Letting me know the theme was "Olives and Herbs and Candles OH My!!"
First Peek.

They also print cute little informational cards letting you know all the cool stuff in your box and how to use it.

The contents.....

There was an infused olive oil making set that included:
- a 16 oz jar of organic extra virgin olive oil
a package of dried organic basil
a package of dried organic black peppercorn
-2 very nice glass canister
- 1 cork and 1 drizzle spout
 
There also was a nice sized bag of dried organic chili peppers. All of this plus the directions to infuse your own flavored olive oils.

Then there was an herb growing kit that included 3 different types of her seed, little seed starter pods and little stakes. And of course directions on how to plant them and care for them.

Then there was a cute little Ball canning jar that came with a wick and everything needed to make an olive oil lamp. Please note that I only got one jar of olive oil, I'm just using it in 2 pictures. :)
So now you can make an olive oil lamp. Pretty cool.
 
So.... what did I think?
 
Well first of all, I am fairly cheap. The higher cost of the box turns me off a tiny bit, but it is a NICE box. I mean the organic olive oil itself is pretty expensive at the local whole Food store.
I have been reading the Little House on the Prairie books with my girls, so it will be fun to make the lamp with them. I'm not exactly certain they used olive oil in Laura's days... but it will still be fun.
 
Making the infused oils will be fun, and since I like to cook and try new things it will be good.
 
I'll use the herb growing kit. I do have some herbs planted already, but could always plant more. I do like herbs.
 
I don't like the fact that Collective Homegrown doesn't have any kind of referral program, or any kind of review program so I can earn points or any kind of bonuses if people sign up under me. So I think that would be nice.
 
Am I going to keep it or leave it?
 
I'm keeping it. I'm looking forward to another box next month and can't wait to try out all of my fun stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment